Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Selections From 
SUMMER WIND
IN WINTER WINDOWS
 April 1983 to September 1984





        ANGELS ARE HERE

Strong and
large and clear,
angels are here
standing as stallions
over my bed.

Strength enfolded
in transparent robes
dimensional eyes, passing
in soaring battalions
over my head.

Maybe seven feet tall or more
angel feet on human floor
no sight could tell
nor ever a smell
or maybe you sense a silver mist
and know...

When great wings feather the air
--just now, above me--
singing in silence
     "safety sublime, everything fine,
     the Master now sends you
     a Valentine."






        FROM NOTHING

God uses tin cans
has-beens, bin-men, empty boxes.
Pipes from yesterday's plumbing
hearts with rust
eyes with grey-glaze
old fingers with splinters
boys with history-scars
girls with dream-decay.

You see--
from nothing came the universe
from dirt came humanity
and so,
think what God can do with
ME!
And you!

....just think...





         RADIANT MOLECULES

You
are a thousand
radiant molecules
called wonderful.

Your thoughts:
priceless diamonds I examine.

Your friendship:
the goldmine I am
still discovering.

Your kiss:
a moonbeam droplet
exploding the world
into marvelous colors.

You are more,
my love,
than my fondest hopes predicted,
every dream I want to dream,
the very air I want to breathe.

My life:
a cascading waterfall
of all-day, sun-sparkle joys,
for in life
I have found you.





PRAYER

you + knee + verse = Universe



Automatic Music was a song I recorded with my friend Kenny.
We used a PortaSound mini-keyboard and a Yamaha drum machine.


AUTOMATIC MUSIC

Automatic Music, in simplicity
Automatic Music, now it's history.

Little plastic buttons and the little plastic tone.
Jumpy color rhythms with a sound all of my own.

Automatic Music, lay the layers down.
Automatic Music, with my Portasound.

Automatic Music, let the reverb ring,
Automatic Music, everybody sing!



Drawing of the Lost in Space robot and stuff



        SIR PRIZES

Summer wind
in winter windows
Love that surprises
surprises me.

Morning light
over darkness planets
love that energizes
eternity.

man -- book
tomb -- thunder
women -- running

Nature thirsts
to drink new waters wonder

Springtime laugh
wakens Autumnal slumber

Happy air in
frames now ready
love that surprises
Surprises me.



Glass sculpture at the San Antonio Museum of Art






No comments:

Post a Comment