Thursday, November 28, 2013

Photos Of
 WOOD, PAPER AND PLASTIC 
WORKS 
Many Years






I guess I've always been PUTTING THINGS TOGETHER. Combining words, making scratch-models, assembling sounds or re-combining old things into new things.

So here's a gallery of art-works I've made over many years. Sometimes I planned them:











"TubeDraw 1"



Detail





Sometimes things were built for specific functions or to envision a greater idea, like the Bubble Cruiser from FunLight Radio, or the synthesizer I made with my friend Greg.


The "Bubble Cruiser" was part of my radio series, "FunLight Radio."
I started to build a full-scale version in our garage for a video project.









Our synthesizer won an award at the San Diego County Science Fair.
Greg and I were seniors at Army Navy Academy, Carlsbad, California, 1973.





These models were made for The Brilliant Adventures of Captain FlashLight.








Most of the works were whimsical doings, forged in experimentation and celebration. Like these pieces, first painted on wood, then cut and recombined into new compositions.





"Sometimes. Not Always."



Detail





"CrossTraffic"



Detail 1



Detail 2





"I'm Game" or "Days And Nights"



Detail





"A Splash In Ash"



Detail





These works are just products of what my hands wanted to make.





"GloveWork 1"



Detail





"LineWork 23"
My shoe-tip is there to show you the size of the artwork.





"Everything Glows"



Detail





"CubeDraw 1"



Detail





"ComboTalk"



Detail







No comments:

Post a Comment