Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Selections From 
WORD PICTURES 
December 1977 to March 1979







        We Shall Meet, And Smile
            (Poem for Close Encounters of the Third Kind)

I saw the ships
arrive in the 
dead of night, 
they flooded souls 
with colored light
and sent us all
little boys 
to play 
wide-eyed in the
forest.

I saw the 
churning sky and
nimble-nimbus clouds,
heard the roar
of other engines,
watched mail box
and refrigerator 
shudder in delight.
Again, I saw
the blessed 
laughing light!

And I saw that mountain, too,
in shaving cream and plates of food.
I felt the pull...
of jumpy planet music,
the star-brought melody.
I knew the sweetly tugging urge,
just to go out...stand...and see.

So, when they left,
no tears had I. But
wide-eyed joy,
folded hands of hope for 
that endless tomorrow, when,
extending cross-galactic
musical hand-signs,
we shall meet,
and smile.





        Trading Winds


I feel the
trade winds of Hawaii
in my soul,
when I'm reading You,
when I'm blessing You, Lord.

When I'm just with me,
I feel timber-down
and ashes swirling
on a desert-tongue,
icicle winds scratch
through my lungs and a 
miniature tornado
spins 'round in each eye.

'Till I trade
winds with You.

It's then
I feel Hawaii
in my soul,   (palm trees swaying,
                         sea gulls playing)
when I'm hearing You,
when I'm blessing You, Lord.






MIRACLE

God really
                               really knows me,
    yet

God really
                            really loves me.



Freemont was my first puppet, purchased at a toy store in Bullock's Fashion Square.























No comments:

Post a Comment