Monday, November 25, 2013

Selections From 
BOY IN THE FLYING CHAIR 
October 1988 to April 1989





         Fainting? Painting!

Fainting? Never!
Painting ever,
sainting artful-lines
and scratches, flashes on the
plastic,
I'll tell you
sliding,
to sail you gliding
of starring lights
fantastic,
Rotary mesh in
violins three, young, old,
modular harmony,
you, you and me,
saying,
playing, ever claying
this mud-shape
into gold.





San Antonio Plastic Supply. Love that place!





pages
--------
life

In life,
I am
always
turning pages.






         Grady

Your walker and you
make your way
across the
carpet.

Dear Grady.

Train-track
travel stitches
tell the story,
my friend slowed, 
but never stopped,
even now
you make your way
across the living room
floor,
grandstands of angels
applauding you!

Your skull opened,
the phantom extracted,
head closed and
sutured, and
your heart:
never more full 
than today.






         THAT MAGICAL DIFFERENCE

It's nothing you can
put your finger on,
It's everything you put
your finger to,
one fleeting 
ghost-sparkle
moment of
rhymed spirits,
entwined expressions,
yet more... more...
maybe clear-life in air,
maybe a baby lifted
and laughing in room light,
when,
for a blink's winking second,
life encounters
God.




LOST

"I'm lost,"
shouts Roy Neary.
Just before his
famous close encounter
under lights, flashes
and star-beams.

"I'm lost,"
cries the field mouse,
hippity-hop, and
Barrington Bunny
is there, covering
the mouse from
the blizzard.

"I'm lost,"
 I sighed, 
facing the mirror
and seeing someone
whose fun-burn has
long since faded.

Until
I finger through pages
of wordish banterings
and then

"Oh,
there you are, Peter,"
says the boy,
pulling my face
into a big
half-smile.










         air-sculpture
              san antonio

Tubes,
cubes,
glued-matrix square,
rods in neon blue,
plastic-base
under shaft
refraction,
light-bending
curve
angle over 
round revision,
old smiles return
on a visit
to the Plastic Supply,
and
I'm
sculpting
with light
again.





         MORE FROM SHUMWAY

A thousand Shumways
cannot lie,
they've seen tomorrow's
brilliant sky,
look and laugh and leap!
they cry
listen not
to doomster's sigh,
man can live
and never die,
eat these Truths
don't pass them by,
hear the Voice
say I AM I.






No comments:

Post a Comment